Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Part-Time Faculty History Instructor
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College Rockville Campus, Department of History and Political Science, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching courses in history . We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach assigned courses related to history.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, weekend, late starting and/or accelerated sections.
- Incorporate relevant and empathetic pedagogies to the teaching and learning process.
- Incorporate relevant technologies such as Blackboard into instruction.
- A Master’s degree in history or a closely related discipline
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- PhD in History or a related discipline
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.