The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow in a leading group in the field of prostate cancer research.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The successful applicant will investigate steroid hormone action, transcriptional control, and cell signaling in development and tumorigenesis.
- The Fellow will develop and use novel and advanced biological approaches, and genetically-engineered mouse models to uncover gene-expression and genomic and epigenetic alterations in cancer initiating cells in order to understand mechanisms underlying tumor initiation, progression, and metastasis.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
- Candidates should be highly self-motivated, have a strong work ethic and desire to learn, and a proven track record of productivity.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Ph.D. or M.D/Ph.D. degree in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or Cell Biology;
- Previous experience with mouse models of human diseases, cancer biology, and cellular and molecular biology is highly desired.
- Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae and the names of three references with their application;
- For more information about Dr. Sun's research, please click here.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.