Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern's unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Eidos Therapeutics, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma
Eidos is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing the large and growing unmet need in diseases caused by transthyretin, or TTR, amyloidosis, or ATTR. We seek to treat this well-defined family of diseases at their collective source by stabilizing TTR. Our product candidate, acoramidis (AG10), is an orally-administered small molecule designed to potently stabilize TTR, a potentially best-in-class treatment aiming to halt the progression of ATTR diseases.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas, including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company's focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today's discoveries into tomorrow's medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh with small satellites in other parts of the country.
Northeastern's Bouve College of Health Sciences is comprised of three preeminent schools of study encompassing approximately 1,000 faculty and staff, 5,000 students, and 40,000 alumni.
To learn more about our students, faculty and staff in the Bouve College of Health Sciences see this website : https://bouve.northeastern.edu/bouve-story/
This two-year Fellowship Program in collaboration with Northeastern University and Eidos is designed to provide Doctor of Pharmacy graduates an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry within Regulatory Affairs at Eidos. The Pharm.D. fellow will have an opportunity to gain specialized and in-depth training in distinct areas of Global Regulatory Affairs including Regulatory Strategy; Labeling; and Advertising and Promotion. During the second year of the program the fellow may be eligible for rotation(s) in the areas of Clinical Development, and Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs while continuing to develop further in global regulatory affairs. Specific opportunities may vary depending on the interests of the Pharm.D. fellow as well as the needs of the department.
The structured program will provide a cumulative set of skills that will help facilitate a smooth transition to a successful career after the fellowship.
The program consists of a 2-year assignment within the Regulatory Affairs team and may be eligible for rotation within Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs. The PharmD Fellow will be remote and work on-site and at Eidos in San Francisco, CA.
Regulatory Strategy Primary Objectives
- Manage, develop, and implement regulatory strategy in support of Eidos development programs
- Support the planning, preparation and execution of high-quality regulatory submissions (e.g. CTA/IND and amendments, annual reports, initial license applications (NDS/MAA, etc.) and supplements/variations)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of ICH, GCP, GMP, and other relevant global guidelines to ensure compliance of regulatory strategies and submissions
- Work in cross-functional teams including clinical, statistics, medical affairs, commercial, and nonclinical groups to help operationalize regulatory strategy
- Support regulatory interactions with regulatory bodies including preparation of meeting requests and briefing documents
Global Labeling Primary Objectives
- Gain in-depth knowledge of labeling regulations regarding Company Core Data Sheet (CCDS), US Package Insert (USPI), Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC), and Structured Product Labeling (SPL)
- Support development of regulatory labeling strategy and the negotiation and maintenance of competitive labeling with global Health Authorities
- Maintain core labeling documents
- Provide strategic guidance on labeling regulations, competitor labeling, and labeling trends and work with cross-functional team to ensure that the regulatory labeling strategy is aligned with the global regulatory strategy
- Assist in preparation of responses to labeling-related queries from Health Authorities
Advertising and Promotions Primary Objectives
- Support regulatory review of promotional and non-promotional materials in accordance with business goals and objectives, health authority regulations, ICH guidelines, PhRMA guidelines, company policies and established precedents and recommend revisions/actions that achieve fair balance.
- Support the review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials in a cross-functional promotional review committee that includes commercial, medical affairs, and legal
- Coordinate timely and accurate review of materials for submission to FDA
- Support regulatory reviewer for the promotional review committee to ensure regulatory compliance for all communications
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts and/or California.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at Eidos and Northeastern.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career at Eidos and BridgeBio
- Strong verbal, written communication, interpersonal, listening, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively
- Sense of urgency and perseverance to achieve results
- Unquestionable ethics, and professional integrity
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506764
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency