Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology - 2100000140
Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology
Wang Lab 2021
A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study programmed DNA elimination in multiple cellular organisms. The research will be conducted in the Wang lab (https://dnaelimination.utk.edu/ ) that is located in the Ken and Blaire Mossman Building on the campus of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Programmed DNA elimination is a developmental process in which portions of the genome are reproducibly eliminated. This process occurs in the single-cell ciliates as well as in diverse eukaryotes. During DNA elimination in nematodes, the chromosomes break, some chromosome fragments are lost, and new chromosomes are formed. Areas under investigation in the lab include 1) how break regions are identified and how the breaks are generated, 2) how broken DNA ends are repaired during DNA elimination, and 3) the contributions of epigenetic factors including histone modifications, 3D genome organization, and non-coding RNAs to DNA elimination.
Candidate is expected to design and carry out independent research, write fellowship applications (if applicable), and publish papers. Candidate must be self-motivated, has a strong aptitude for research, and the ability to quickly learn new areas of research and carry out experiments in a new system. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to conduct research. Good organizational and computer skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team are necessary. The candidate will have the opportunity to mentor junior lab members, including undergraduate and graduate students.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- PhD degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field
- A record of peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
- Willing and abilities to work on non-model organisms; and at least one of the following skills
- Excellent working knowledge of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Excellent working knowledge of genomics and bioinformatics
- Excellent working knowledge of cell and developmental biology
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience on genomics, including next-generation sequencing libraries and/or data analysis
- Experience on protein expression and purification, antibodies, and ChIP-seq
- Experience on working with nematodes, such as C. elegans
- Interested candidates should e-mail curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and contact information for three references to: Dr. Jianbin Wang at email@example.com , with “Postdoc position on DNA elimination” in the subject line.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
Biochem/Cell & Molec Biology
Jun 22, 2021, 3:43:49 PM