The University of ChicagoAcademic Jobs ACLS Emerging Voices Fellow - Postdoctoral Researcher at the rank of Instructor
Position Type: Faculty
Jul 16, 2021 – Jul 23, 2021Description
The University of Chicago seeks to appoint one or more individuals through the American Council of Learned Societies' Emerging Voices Fellowship program for a one-year position as Postdoctoral Researcher at the rank of Instructor. The position will begin September 1, 2021 and is full-time and eligible for benefits.
Fellows will be associated with programs in the Division of the Humanities and/or the Divinity School at the University of Chicago which focus on one or more of the following areas: ancient, premodern/early modern studies, non-western cultures as alternate lens for the humanities, creativity and the arts as expressions of humanistic learning, digital studies, medical humanities. Each fellow will teach one or two courses (on a quarter system).
- Ancient/Premodern/early modern fellows will work with faculty in departments across the Division of the Humanities and/or in the Divinity School on interdisciplinary historical/cultural projects dealing with ancient, medieval, Renaissance, and early modern studies.
- Fellows in non-western cultures as alternate lens for the humanities will work on interdisciplinary literary/cultural projects in the departments of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, East Asian Languages and Civilizations, South Asian Languages and Civilizations, and/or the Divinity School.
- Fellows in creativity and the arts as expressions of humanistic learning will work on interdisciplinary projects in the departments of Music, Art History, Cinema and Media Studies, and the Committee on Theater and Performance Studies.
- Digital Studies fellows will work with one or more of our interdisciplinary programs in Digital Studies of Language, Culture and History, the OCHRE Project in the department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, and the ARTFL Project in the department of Romance Languages and Literatures.
- Medical humanities fellows will work with faculty in the departments of English and/or Philosophy, as well as the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics.
Applicants must have been selected by the ACLS as a finalist for the Emerging Voices Fellowship program and matched with the University of Chicago position.
Required qualifications: PhD and an active research profile in a field related to one the areas of focus.
Preferred qualifications: Record of participation in interdisciplinary initiatives, centers, etc. Record of teaching courses with broad interdisciplinary appeal.
Please complete the application agreement and upload your current CV to the application no later than July 23rd.
The selection committee will contact finalists to schedule an interview following review of application materials.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University’s Statements on Diversity are at https://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity .
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination .
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-1032 or email email@example.com with their request.
The University of Chicago is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
For help signing up, accessing your account, or submitting your application please check out Interfolio's help and support section or get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (877) 997-8807.Share this posting Back to search results
The University of ChicagoAcademic Jobs
University of Chicago
Edward H. Levi Hall
5801 South Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
- Office of the Provost
- Human Resources
- Job Board Feedback
©2021 The University of Chicago